Peddie Welcomes Revisit Day Students

Nick+Berlet%2718
Nick Berlet'18

Nick Berlet'18

Nick Berlet'18

Elle Grant ’18, News Section Editor

Last week and into this week Peddie welcomed admitted students from all over the world to experience Peddie with a day in the life with current students. Thursday of last week and Tuesday and Wednesday of this week all were days full of the newly admitted getting the true Peddie experience for the first time.

The revisit day at Peddie includes meeting with a student host at the library where they then go to breakfast, then to morning classes. At the DMX block, they head down to the athletic center for a rally lead by members of the admissions faculty, Chris Malleo and Mike Agosto with help from Peddie’s own Falcon. Then at the athletic landing all of the clubs and activities Peddie offers are spread out and the admitted students have the opportunity to explore their interests and meet new people. After the DMX block, they continue attending classes with their hosts until they reunite with their parents at chapel at the end of the day for a few final thoughts.

Revisit day is an incredibly important event on campus, but it is even more so for prospective students who are attempting to see their lives here for the next few years.

“At first I was unsure about wanting to come to Peddie because I was scared of not knowing anyone,” Julia Gorajek ’20 said about her revisit day last year. “After revisit day I really feel like I was a part of this positive community and couldn’t wait to be a Falcon.”

Pierce Grant ’20 another attendee of revisit day and now Peddie freshman echoed her sentiments. “Going to revisit day really helped me figure out campus and make some friends here,” Grant said.  

Furthermore, it isn’t just prospective students who feel the impact and importance of revisit day. After working for months with current student tour guides, prospective and accepted students, parents and staff the payoff for the admission office of hardworking individuals is now evident in the culmination of their work: revisit days. Bryn Bair ’09, assistant director of admission, described why she thought revisit day was so important.

“I think it is important just so you can experience a day in the life and get of glimpse of what your time here however many years might be like. I think that’s important,” Bair said. She elaborated when asked if she thought someone who attended revisit day would be more likely to come to Peddie than someone who didn’t. “I think so. Peddie is one of the things you have to live to understand how special this school is. It’s a total different experience.”

The revisit days are a paramount day for new students at the beginning of their Peddie journey. Students have the opportunity to experience the special community offered seriously for the first time and will undoubtedly influence the rest of their time here at the Peddie School. In fact, on the poll on the Peddie News website 43% of students polled said they were 100% coming to Peddie only after experiencing revisit day, while 36% said they had made up their minds that Peddie was the place for them even before attending. Clearly, revisit day is a time for choices, with many who attend making the promising choice of attending Peddie.