An Admissions Introspective

Courtesy of Mike Agosto

Courtesy of Mike Agosto

Courtesy of Mike Agosto

Tyrese Thomas ’18, Staff writer

“What makes a Peddie student?” is the question visitors often ask upon arrival to Peddie’s vibrant campus. With the 2017-2018 admissions period at its end, a new wave of Peddie students are soon to burst through Annenberg’s doors and further invigorate the community. However, just how were these students chosen to become Peddie scholars? Director of Admission Molly Dunne leads Peddie’s admission office in networking with prospective students and families.

“At Peddie, we believe that students who show excitement, curiosity and strong character will thrive in our community. We engage in a holistic review of the applications and the student’s academic strengths, extra-curricular profile, and personal qualities are thoughtfully reviewed and considered,” she explained.

While interacting with various aspiring students ranging in backgrounds and interests enthralls Peddie admissions, hearing of a student’s decision to enroll in Peddie provides further delight.

“It is always gratifying to hear that a student will be enrolling at Peddie because of the experience that he or she had while visiting campus. Time after time, we hear from prospective students that they felt warmly welcomed by the entire community and this makes me proud to work in the admission office at Peddie,” Dunne said.

This year’s series of Revisit Days in which admitted students flooded Peddie’s campus, gave students an additional opportunity to experience life as a Peddie student first hand.

“One notable part this year was the Revisit Day Band! They did an amazing job with their rendition and performance of Philip Phillips’ song “Home.” It was a big hit!” Dunne said.

Despite the completion of admitting students for the 2017-18 school year along with the cessation of revisit days, the job of Peddie admissions is never over.

“We will start to build the applicant pool for next year. Admission officers will be traveling in the spring term to meet new students, introduce them to Peddie, and encourage them to apply to Peddie next fall,” she said.