Sophomore Volunteer Trip
Isabella Lam ‘26, Staff Writer • November 15, 2023
120th Annual Blair Day
Leena Mirchandani ’25, Editor-in-Chief • November 15, 2023
Blair Week 2023
Lakhi Raju ’24, Managing Editor • November 15, 2023
Fall Broadway Trip: Some Like It Hot
Stephanie Oh ’26, Staff Writer • October 29, 2023
The Best Peddie Instagram Accounts
Sophie Wang ’27, Staff Writer • October 29, 2023

Girls Varsity Soccer Wins Twice and Ties Once

By: Janine Karo ’15
Section Editor

The girls varsity soccer team beat Delran on Sept. 21 when a pass from Moira Donohue ’14 met Kayla Roca ’14, who ran past the goalie to score the winning goal in the 65th minute.

The team, missing several starters, struggled in the first half.

No scoring opportunities or corner kicks during the first half heavily pressured the defense and keeper Daniela Kelly ’14 to keep the score at 0-0.

The signature halftime pep talk livened spirits. After reiterating key points, such as winning air balls and pressuring Delran’s defense, the team went back into the game with high spirits.

“The first half we didn’t play very well, and we got lucky to stay in it,” Roca said. “We came out in the second half and played hard as a team; we started playing for each other. Thankfully, Moira played a beautiful pass to me and we were able to capitalize on it.”

Coach Matthew Roach was especially pleased by the team’s grit and consistency.

“Our defense really carried us today. Daniela, Katie [Kichula ’14], Amanda [Amodol ’14], Alanna [McGill ’17], and Lauren [Donato ’15] were just fantastic,” Roach said. “They blocked shots and played with desperation. Kayla’s goal was just clutch. We hung in there, and I’m so proud of our gutsy effort today with five key players out of the lineup, and a few others nursing but playing through nagging injuries. [This was] a memorable win.”

The girls continued their solid performance throughout the week, despite missing two starting defender.  They won against Moorestown Friends on Sept. 25 thanks to two first-half goals scored by Mollie Somers ’15 and Roca, which determined the final score: 2-0.

On Sept.28 the team faced powerhouse Steinert. The girls adopted a more physical method of playing, and kept the score at 0-0 after double overtime. Kelly had 13 saves and ended her week in goal with a three-game clean sheet.

The team currently stands at a 4-3-1 record.