Blair Day Awaits…

Nick Berlet ’18, Staff writer

Blair Day, easily one of the most exciting Peddie School events, is finally here. Dating back to 1903, Blair week is a time during which every student displays countless amounts of school spirit. Dorms display banners of pride and wit, and sach day of the week consists of a dress theme in which the students express their spirit. The week before Blair Day allows students to create a bond throughout the community, as many students will try and match with fellow peers; whether it be matching pajamas on pajama day, flannels on farmer day, or for this year specifically, the same Halloween costumes. However, many students agree that the best part of the week is Blair day itself, in which every fall sport team competes with Blair Academy. No matter the level of the sport, whether it be thirds, JV, or Varsity, each game is counted equally.  All wins count as one point, thus making every team of equal importance, creating a unity amongst Peddie sports.

Every team is heavily preparing for Blair Day. Athletes are practicing with one goal in mind, teams are psyching each other up, and the whole school is hoping for a win this Saturday.  

“The team is doing secret psych before Blair Day, and (we are) also getting the girls face painted and and ribbons,” Daisy Fang ’17, varsity tennis captain, said.

“[Our goal is to] be our best on Blair Day, and do all we can to score a point for Peddie… Aside from that, lots of high fives and smiles, and we will be ready for the starting gun on November 5th,” Christopher Bright, cross country coach, said.

Varsity girls soccer coach, Matthew Roach, and captains Cait Barrett and Alanna McGill proclaimed that, “as a team, we’ve been getting better each game with our possession, attacking, and team defending. So we’ll continue to prepare by training hard all week… We’ve pointed towards Blair Day since August as our endpoint and end goal, and we’re trying to savor these last few weeks on the team.”

This Saturday, Peddie hopes to keep the Potter Kelley Cup for the third year in a row.