Fall Broadway Trip: Some Like It Hot

Peddie students recently enjoyed a trip to see the Broadway musical, “Some Like it Hot.”
Stephanie Oh ’26

One of Peddie’s most beloved culture trips is, inarguably, the Broadway trip. Once a term, many students sign up for a spot on these high-demand trips for many reasons: They not only give students a chance to watch immensely popular musicals free of charge but also a day out to explore New York with their friends. 

The musical chosen for the fall trip was “Some Like It Hot,” a comedic musical following the story of two male musicians who disguise themselves as women to join an all-women Jazz band. Despite initially considering it a mere escape plan, the pair unexpectedly discover self-identity and love on the way. Evident from the loud cheering heard at one community meeting, numerous students expressed their genuine anticipation prior to the trip: “I’m happy I got a spot. I’ve been wanting to see it for a while,” said Sarah Drake ’25, “and I’m really excited I get to go with my friends!” 

Not any different from Peddie’s preceding Broadway trips, “Some Like It Hot” was a success. After strolling through New York with their friends, students gathered at the Shubert Theatre to watch “Some Like It Hot.” The show did not stop amazing students with its talented cast, colorful set, intricate story and incessant tap-dancing. “I walked into the theater knowing absolutely nothing about the musical,” said Ginna Kim ’27, “but I really enjoyed it. I genuinely think it’s one of the best.” Similarly, Izzy Lam ’26 commented on her enjoyment of the trip: “I liked that we got to walk around Times Square with our friends before the show. We didn’t have that privilege the last time I went on a Broadway trip, but I was pleasantly surprised today.” Lam ’26 added that she is “already excited for winter’s Broadway trip to ‘Six’” and hopes that she can “get a spot again along with her friends.”