Winter Term DEI Day 2024 : Age Experience

On Wednesday, February 7, 2024, Peddie came together to participate in the Winter Term Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Day, which focused on age experience. This topic was examined through self as well and society, and the community learned about how age affects them as individuals and how they interact with systems

The day began with opening remarks by Head of School Peter Quinn, who introduced the topic of age in the world. Next, keynote speaker and Peddie alumnus Sangu Delle ‘06, an entrepreneur, investor and author, spoke about the power of the youth. He offered insightful and inspiring ideas about the importance of entrepreneurship and investment early on by sharing his past experiences at Peddie. 

Students then went on to attend workshops including options such as “Revisit Your Childhood,” “Things I Wish I Had Known In High School,” “Evolving Out Of High School” and much more. These workshops were led not only by the Peddie faculty but also by students who were given the opportunity to guide peers through workshops about topics related to stress, slang, or any other experiences. 

The day came to a close after a few rounds of ‘Generation Gap’, where student-faculty teams tested their knowledge of U.S. pop culture through trivia questions from the 1940s to the present day. They faced off on topics like music, slang, movies, and television shows, offering a light-hearted end to the day.

As Peddie reflects on this DEI Day, students and faculty were glad to hear from varied voices throughout the community to create a more inclusive space. This day undeniably continues to educate students and employees through speakers and workshops, giving the opportunity to learn and expand their knowledge.