Farewell, Mr. Quinn!
Nikita Goyal ’26, Staff Writer • March 30, 2024
Ocean Breeze Invitational
Luke Chon ’26, Assignment Editor • March 30, 2024
Should Peddie Have Snow Days?
Stephanie Oh ’26, Staff Writer • March 30, 2024
WeSoar Co-Chair Interview
Claire Chen ’24, Editor-in-Chief • March 30, 2024

Co-President Statement : Noelle Cha

Candidate Statement 

The role of Co-President is multifaceted, requiring one to represent the diverse student body at Peddie effectively. They are the channel of communication, amplifying each student’s voice
and ensuring that each perspective within our community is heard and respected. Therefore, I also believe that collaboration is crucial. The Co-President is a spokesperson but also a facilitator of unity, and it is important that they work within their community to synthesize everyone’s wishes into a cohesive whole.

Peddie is special because it is more than just a school– it is a literal and figurative home. My candidacy is rooted in actively listening to every voice in order to create a comfortable
environment. I want to go beyond surface-level understanding and genuinely appreciate each student as an individual. My goal is to connect and get to know each one of you. I aim to
create an atmosphere where curiosity and enthusiasm thrive, fostering a spirited community. I recognize that being a Co-President is more than a label; it is set of responsibilities entrusted to a student for the growth and prosperity of the school.

Governing student council and the school will take a good portion of your time, what other activities both in and out of school do you plan on participating in? How will you balance them?

Since freshman year, I have been part of the Varsity Soccer and Lacrosse teams, alongside involvement in various clubs. This year, I am grateful to be a dormitory prefect, supporting the
new freshman at Peddie. Currently, in school, I take seven classes, including EXP and AP Art, because I am passionate about both subjects. With a busy schedule, I have learned to manage
my time and prioritize my tasks efficiently. If elected, student council would be my top priority. I am passionate about making your Peddie experience special and committed to dedicating my time to it.

What qualities do you possess that makes you a good role model and representative that will allow you to be a leader of the entire school?

My teachers describe me as curious, and my curiosity has made me a good communicator. It drives me to speak up and ask questions, giving me the confidence to express myself and
effectively articulate ideas. It also encourages me to listen to understand. Next, my peers would say I am ambitious because I don’t let challenges set me back from achieving my goals
and taking action. Finally, my closest friends would call me empathetic. I think it is important to try to understand others, especially because our community has so many diverse perspectives. Empathy is necessary to make inclusive decisions.

What ideas do you have for change and how would you implement these ideas? What would you like to continue?

As many others would agree, school spirit is the best way to animate our community. For example, our community is strongest around Blair Day, athletic events, school musicals, and holiday gatherings. I am happy that our Peddie spirit has increased since my freshman year, and I want to continue to promote that spirit through more organized events. However, students can only feel school spirit when they feel balanced and supported. Therefore, I am passionate about seeing greater advocacy for mental health at Peddie. Students should feel supported by their teachers and peers. There should be open communication channels for students to use to express themselves comfortably. I want to create a platform where people can easily voice their concerns and provide feedback, ensuring that their well-being is prioritized.

Q & A

What are some clubs, activities, teams, or groups that you’re a part of on campus? 

I am part of the Women in Stem Club, Academic Advancements Tutoring Club, and Mental Health SIG. I am also on the Varsity Soccer team.

What is your favorite Peddie tradition/Peddie memory? 

Aside from Blair Day and sprinting across campus for the pep rally, I have always loved attending Vespers and taking an annual picture with Santa Claus.

What are some things you like to do in your free time? 

I enjoy leisurely activities like painting and watching movie marathons in my free time. I also love being active, like going for walks and working out.

Favorite book/movie/tv show? 

My favorite films are Lala Land and the new Hunger Games movie.

What songs have you been listening to most right now? 

20 Something by Sza and After the Storm by Kalis Uchis are on repeat right now.

Share a fun fact about yourself! 

I love making mood boards on Pinterest.