Austen Colgate Dorm Renovations

This past summer, one of Peddie’s oldest dormitories on campus, Austen Colgate, or AC for short, was renovated. The renovation included the implementation of new air conditioning units along with a remodeling of the building. Located just off center campus, the newly refurbished Austen Colgate dormitory can now be enjoyed by all members of the Peddie community.

Noah Park ’26, a sophomore boarding student from New York City and resident of Austen Colgate, commented on his living experience so far this year, stating that “Living in Austen Colgate this year has been great, and the new renovations to the dorm have been super noticeable.” Park said the dormitory is “really modern, and I think that they did a great job making sure that it’s suitable for student life so that we can be comfortable and enjoy this space.” 

Noah’s roommate and friend Bryan Cheng ’26 also gave his opinion on the renovations to Austen Colgate, saying that it is “probably the most fun and comfortable living space on campus because of all of the people along with the fact that we have our own personal air conditioning units.” 

While it may be one of the oldest dormitories on Peddie’s campus, after its recent renovations and upgrades, Austen Colgate has quickly become a student favorite and a community center for students of all grade levels.