Farewell, Mr. Quinn!
Nikita Goyal ’26, Staff Writer • March 30, 2024
Ocean Breeze Invitational
Luke Chon ’26, Assignment Editor • March 30, 2024
Should Peddie Have Snow Days?
Stephanie Oh ’26, Staff Writer • March 30, 2024
WeSoar Co-Chair Interview
Claire Chen ’24, Editor-in-Chief • March 30, 2024

Blair Week 2023

Conor McArdle
Students dragging a tractor on Farmer’s Day, From Peddie Flickr

Blair Day is undoubtedly one of the best experiences for Peddie faculty and students. The week leading up to it, Blair Week, is just as special. Preparation for Blair week started with the creation of the Blair Day banners by each dorm and all of the day students. 

Starting on Sunday October 29, students from every grade decked out their designated area of the school in blue and gold. Freshmen were responsible for decorating the Science Center, sophomores the Grille, juniors the upper Dining Hall, and seniors the Bell outside Annenberg Library. Whether it was balloon arches, lots and lots of streamers, or blue and gold paint, Peddie was ready for Blair Day. 

Spirit Week started with Pajama Day, followed by Halloween Costume Day. The Halloween costumes featured inflatable sharks, Shrek characters, and even the Founding Fathers! Wednesday was the traditional Decades Day, where freshmen dressed up as the 50s, sophomores as the 60s, juniors as the 70s, seniors as the 80s, and faculty and staff as the 2000s. Later that day, the Blair Day community meeting took place, which was filled with music performances, best-dressed competitions and the infamous Blair Day video. Then, Peddie faculty and students dressed up in their best flannels and jeans for Farmer Day on Thursday. And, as Blair Day was getting closer and closer, students started competing early and took part in Farmer Games during DMX to earn points for their Heads Day teams. Students and faculty also had the opportunity to take a break and pet the friendly bunnies, chickens and goats at the petting zoo! Finally, the whole Peddie community finished the week off strong by dressing up in Blue and Gold on Friday (aka Blair Day eve). 

Blue and Gold Chapel was the perfect way to get excited for the next 24 hours. Students’ cheers and the ringing of the bells echoed from inside Chapel to the rest of Hightstown, depicting the excitement surrounding Blair Day. To end the night, there was the annual pep rally where the Peddie community came together to see dances, skits and students getting their hair shaved off. 

No matter what the result is on any Blair Day, it’s this spirit and camaraderie present throughout the whole week that makes it truly memorable.