This past month, the Peddie varsity track and field team traveled to Staten Island, New York, to compete in the 2024 Ocean Breeze Invitational. As one of the largest youth meets in the country, this was an excellent opportunity for the Falcons to test themselves against some of the best track athletes in the region. 

Highlights from the two-day meet include a school record set by postgraduate Oleg Brennan in the boys weight throw with a toss of 53-11 and a 4th place finish for Tessa Hughes ’26 in the girls 55-meter hurdles with a time of 8.60 seconds. Senior Kaseme Leckie ’24 placed in the top 20 in the boys 55-meter dash in 6.69 seconds, and junior Courtney Cane ’25 finished 16th in the girls mile run. 

When asked what it was like to compete at one of the most prominent indoor track and field meets of the year, sophomore Dasyer Bullock ’26 admitted, “The experience was very overwhelming at first being surrounded by so much talent, but I think it brought out the best not just in me but in everyone there.” Bullock, who ran a lifetime best of 53.67 seconds in the boys 400-meter dash at the Ocean Breeze Invitational, also competed in the boys 55-meter hurdles, where he placed in the top 25. 

As the indoor season draws to a close and the Falcons gear up for their outdoor spring season, Peddie’s varsity track and field team looks forward to competing at the Ocean Breeze Invitational in 2025.