Co-President Statement : Rishi Seth

Co-President Statement : Rishi Seth

Candidate Statement

Hey Peddie,

My name is Rishi Seth, I am a junior boarder who is running to be your class president. Peddie has been a part of my life since 2018, when my older brother first started here, and in that time I have noticed many of the reasons that make this school great. There are always opportunities here to try something new in a way to serve our community better. That is why
I am running. This school is not perfect, and it will never be, but I am taking this opportunity to do whatever I can to help create a better everyday experience for every student. This will
involve some changes I have wanted to make since my freshman year, such as better-scheduled assessments in the last week of inter-winter (no more three tests in one day :O ) or even small changes like free laundry. I have plenty of other ideas as well. I also want to allow students to give their input on what they like and what they want to change. Just know that as president, I guarantee that I will fight for every single student to create a positive environment for all.

Thank you & vote Rishi Seth !

Governing student council and the school will take a good portion of your time, what other activities both in and out of school do you plan on participating in? How will you balance them?

Being able to remain focused throughout all the ups and downs that come with going to this school is one of the things that make me a great candidate. Even though senior year, as I’ve at least heard, is easily one of the most difficult years – I know that I will be able to manage my time in order to create unforgettable experiences for each student. I always work ahead to
make sure I can juggle schoolwork, sports, clubs, and still have time to get a solid 8 hours of sleep. I have learned how to manage my time over the last three years, which has prepared me to be able to take on a huge responsibility like this.

What qualities do you possess that makes you a good role model and representative that will allow you to be a leader of the entire school?

No matter how the year progresses, my ears will be open to everyone, and I will do my best to help. I understand that everyone has different views on the school and different changes
they would like to see. As president, I would be fully dedicated to everyone and determined to create the ideal experience throughout the year. I have always strived to do my best, and I believe my aspirations for this school would be no different.

What ideas do you have for change and how would you implement these ideas? What would you like to continue?

Having changes that focus on fostering this community would be my main goal. A lot of the time, students don’t show up to events simply because it doesn’t work in their schedule. Being able to have a schedule, with sports & other activities, that is more inclusive to day students and students with other obligations would greatly increase attendance. I would also like to continue to hold events during DMX and lunch on certain days, because it makes it easier for students to be able to show up. For example, I thought the Farmer’s Day was a great success because it was during DMX, at center campus, and students could just come after class and leave when they needed to. Even though we all had work to do, many peopleshowed up because of its accessibility, and it was a good break from our busy school schedule.

Q&A

What are some clubs, activities, teams, or groups that you’re a part of on campus? 

swim team, tour guide, chess club, desi club, core

What is your favorite Peddie tradition/Peddie memory? 

blue & gold Day

What are some things you like to do in your free time? 

Instagram Reels

Favorite book/movie/tv show? 

Creed

What songs have you been listening to most right now? 

“Տhe told me put my heart in the bag
Ꭺnd nobody gets hurt
Ⲛow Ⲓ′m running from her love, Ⲓ’m not fast
Տo Ⲓ’m making it worse
Ⲛow Ⲓ′m digging up a grave from my past
Ⲓ′m a whole different person
Ⲓt’s a gift and a curse
ᗷut Ⲓ cannot reverse it”

Share a fun fact about yourself! 

i like playing volleyball