Farewell, Mr. Quinn!
Nikita Goyal ’26, Staff Writer • March 30, 2024
Ocean Breeze Invitational
Luke Chon ’26, Assignment Editor • March 30, 2024
Should Peddie Have Snow Days?
Stephanie Oh ’26, Staff Writer • March 30, 2024
WeSoar Co-Chair Interview
Claire Chen ’24, Editor-in-Chief • March 30, 2024

Freshman Games: An Annual Tradition

From @PeddieSchool Instagram

The Freshman Games have been a fan-favorite tradition at Peddie for many years. While the upperclassmen take the PSAT, freshmen split into teams based on their humanities classes and compete in a variety of activities to see which class will come out victorious. 

The teams’ names are based on cities from novels and stories that they study in class. This year’s Freshman Games took place on October 11 and included games such as the sprint relay race, a declamation contest and a human knot challenge. Points were awarded to the winners of each individual game and went to the total amount of points for each humanities class. At the end, there was a game of tug of war that included the top four teams with the most points, and all of the members of each respective team were able to participate to earn extra points. In the end, Omelas, Mr. Frank’s class was the winner. 

Freshman Anthony Kanis said, “The Freshman Games [were] really fun. Even though I didn’t win anything, I still thought it was a lot of fun to have a whole day of activities with my friends.” 

The Freshman Games were certainly a success, and it was a great way for the new freshman class to get to know each other better and bond in a fun, competitive way.