Farewell, Mr. Quinn!
Nikita Goyal ’26, Staff Writer • March 30, 2024
Ocean Breeze Invitational
Luke Chon ’26, Assignment Editor • March 30, 2024
Should Peddie Have Snow Days?
Stephanie Oh ’26, Staff Writer • March 30, 2024
WeSoar Co-Chair Interview
Claire Chen ’24, Editor-in-Chief • March 30, 2024

Heard and Seen: Fall Music Concert

Peddie prides itself on its arts program, including its music department. One of the department’s highly anticipated events for former and current members of the Peddie community is the first music concert held in the fall. More than a quarter of the Peddie student body can be seen in the list of performers, while everyone from current students, teachers and alumni can be found in the audience. To many at Peddie, the Fall Music Concerts is special; it’s usually the first concert newcomers ever see or participate in at Peddie, serving as an introduction to Peddie’s extensive music program. This particular year’s concert, however, holds special value to the music department not only because it is the first concert of the 2023-24 school year, but also only the second of many Fall Music Concerts to be held in Peddie’s new Ding Music Hall, which was constructed less than two years ago. 

Besides the relatively new music hall, another new element added to the Fall Music Concert was the showcase of visual artwork. The chamber orchestra’s performance featured a collection of photos of Peddie students’ artwork, ranging from freshmen’s work in Visual Foundations to seniors’ Honors Studio work. The collaboration between these two art departments is completely new, and it presented pieces to members of the community who don’t attend many art exhibitions. This format also allowed the presentation of artworks one by one, giving all students’ work equal recognition. This Fall Music Concert was special like any other one, successfully displaying Peddie musicians’, and now artists’, potential and talent in the arts.