Freshman Rep Candidate Q & A – Samantha Forte

Why should your peers choose you to represent them on the Student Council and in the Peddie community? What qualities do you possess that will allow you to be a successful representative? What ideas do you want to bring to Student Council?

The Peddie Community should choose me to represent them in the Student Council because I am passionate in my love for the school and will thus do everything I can to give them every reason to love it too. I genuinely want everybody to love Peddie just as much as I do, so I will do whatever it takes to make it happen. As for my abilities, I am motivated, a good listener, a skilled problem solver, and innovative. If elected, I would be excited to collaborate with my fellow representatives to bring the ideas that Peddie students have into reality!

What have you enjoyed most at Peddie this fall?

I’ve enjoyed being in the Freshman Musical, doing SNA events, and Blair day the most during this past fall term!

What are some clubs, activities, teams, or groups that you’re a part of on campus? 

I was on the Varsity Field Hockey team this past fall and I am currently on the Varsity Basketball team. I am in Terrapin Club, Math Club, Desi Club, CYG, STEAMpark, and a few other SIGs. 

What is your favorite Peddie tradition so far? 

So far, my favorite Peddie tradition has been the Blair Day Pep Rally. It was so spirited and everyone had so much adrenaline, the night was very memorable. 

What’s your favorite holiday? 

My favorite holiday is Christmas, closely followed by Thanksgiving. On both I get to see lots of extended family, but Christmas takes the cake with the presents!

What is your favorite Peddie memory? 

My favorite memory at Peddie was participating in the Freshman Musical, Shrek. It was an experience I never thought I would be able to have due to athletic commitments, and being able to be in the production was so magical. I had so much fun and all of our hard work showed on performance night!

What’s your favorite TV show?

My favorite TV show is Gilmore Girls. I always  go back to it and I always love it. I must have rewatched it 5 times by now and it’s certainly a comfort show. 

What are some things you like to do in your free time? 

In my free time I like to spend quality time with my friends. Spending my free moments with people I care about and that bring joy to my life is so rewarding. Additionally, I love to sing and on a rainy or chilly day, sit down with a good book. 

Share a fun fact about yourself! 

A fun fact about myself is I can juggle!