Freshman Rep Candidate Q & A – Jihoon Lee (Aaron)

Why should your peers choose you to represent them on the Student Council and in the Peddie community? What qualities do you possess that will allow you to be a successful representative? What ideas do you want to bring to Student Council?
Dear Peddie Community
Class of 2027, I believe I’m an acceptable candidate for class representative, on account of my values including community, inclusivity, and communication, given past experience in leadership roles. I would like to represent our class with a voice relaying collective ideas within our community. Some of my current ideas include the following:

Feedback system:
I would like to establish a feedback system that can be used to collect input from fellow classmates about pros and cons of Peddie life, whether as a boarder or day student. Using this data, I will work to implement suggested improvements and address concerns.

Organizing Class events:
The spirit students at Peddie have is immaculate, and I would love to arrange more events to heighten this spirit to build a stronger sense of community within our class. I will use the voice of the students to decide on events.

Time management workshops:
Some students may find it difficult to manage their time, as I had when adjusting to the boarding school setting, which is why I feel it is important to organize workshops to help students manage their time between sports and extracurriculars.

Armed with your thoughts and opinions, I will collaborate with fellow student representatives and engage our dedicated faculty. I promise to be an advocate for everyone’s ideas and elevate the Peddie experience to a new level.
Vote for Aaron Lee, for change and unity!

What have you enjoyed most at Peddie this fall?
I have enjoyed Blair Day the most. Watching fellow classmates and friends compete and being able to cheer them on is an experience I will never forget. The level of spirit and excitement is like no other.