Freshman Rep Candidate Q & A – Thomas Kim

Why should your peers choose you to represent them on the Student Council and in the Peddie community? What qualities do you possess that will allow you to be a successful representative? What ideas do you want to bring to Student Council?
Hi, my name is Thomas Kim, and you should vote for me to represent the class of 2027 simply because I am somebody who is up to the job. I have past experience in student government before, so I already know the type of responsibility I will have. Many of you also know I’ve been playing soccer for my whole life, which taught me many things, such as being a good communicator on the field, listening to my fellow teammates, staying composed during difficult situations, and also having a strong voice, which are all the traits needed of a student representative So if you want a chill class rep who has the traits of a leader, vote for Kim!

What have you enjoyed most at Peddie this fall?
What I enjoy most at Peddie is the camaraderie it provides students. Before coming to Peddie, leaving school was like clockwork, mostly driven by bus schedules, and there were never many incentives to stick around after classes or sports ended. Now, at Peddie, every single day, I’m surprised to find myself spending so much time on campus, asking to be picked up at 8:00 pm or after Math Center. Whether I’m studying with classmates for an upcoming test, or spending time with friends on campus, the Peddie experience is a benefit that cannot be replicated by many other schools. Not only does this allow for me to have a very active social life, it also makes me, I believe, a better student and person.

What are some clubs, activities, teams, or groups that you’re a part of on campus? 

I am a member of the varsity soccer team, and also recently joined the indoor track and field team. 

What is your favorite Peddie tradition so far? 

Blair Week was a one of a kind experience with many memorable moments and traditions. But another one of my favorite traditions was the Blue and Gold games.  Even though our team got destroyed in tug of war at the end, it was a day of pure fun for our class. 

What’s your favorite holiday? 

I’ve always enjoyed Thanksgiving because of the plentiful food and football games. But it is now certainly my favorite holiday since Peddie gives us a nice long break too. 

What is your favorite Peddie memory? 

My favorite Peddie memory was most definitely Blair Day and the feeling of excitement from the moment our bus pulled into Blair. To get to play for our soccer team and then cheer for my peers in that atmosphere was amazing. 

What’s your favorite tv show? 

I don’t really have a favorite TV show, but one I really enjoyed watching is the series “Better Call Saul” (a criminal law based show) as the show was filled with many complex but enjoyable characters that carried the show throughout.

What are some things you like to do in your free time? 

Some things I like to do in my free time is to play games, both outside in person and online. The games I enjoy span from playing 5v5 soccer, basketball, football, and volleyball, with friends, or trying to hit unreal rank on Fortnite. 

Share a fun fact about yourself! 

A fun fact about myself is that I am number 3 of 4 siblings, and all of our birthdays (including my Dad’s) fall in the span of 30 days of each other, which means a whole lot of cake.